A headline on a dating website is one of the only chances you get to make a good first impression. You have a limited space to capture the attention of potential dates and market yourself.
The Importance of Great Dating Website Headlines
On many dating sites you have the opportunity to write a great headline to help catch the attention of women who are looking for someone to date. Along with your profile picture, this is the most important part of your dating profile and one of the first things women see. If you don’t make a good first impression, they might scroll right past you and onto someone who wrote a catchy headline.
You might have already been a little nervous about creating the perfect headline. We hate to add to your stress, but having a great headline is really important! The good news is that we are here to help you. We want to make sure that you are able to write catchy headlines that will lead to better results on your dating apps.
How Long Are Dating Profile Headlines?
Plenty of Fish gives 50 characters for your headline space. That isn’t much space to effectively tell the world about you. Lucky for you, we have come up with some short, witty headlines that will catch their attention.
The Worst Dating Site Headlines
Before we show you the best headlines to use, let’s take a look at some of the worst. We have scoured dating websites to find you examples of great headlines. While doing so, we found some awful ones too. Let’s go over the main things to avoid when creating your headline.
Poor Grammar and Spelling
Seeing something really poorly written isn’t going to attract many women to your profile. With all of the technology at our fingertips these days, it doesn’t take much effort to double-check the things you write.
Type your headline out into a text or note app on your phone or a word doc on your computer to check for typos before you post your profile. You don’t want women to skip over you because you made a mistake.
Here are some bad headline examples:
- “Looking for a down to earth women.”
- “Hopping to find my better half.”
- “Hey their.”
We all understand that dating sites can be hit or miss sometimes. If you are developing a bad attitude, don’t show it in your headline. If you are full of negativity on your profile, no one is going to be excited to talk to you on the platform.
The same goes with your personal life. If dating hasn’t been great or you’re feeling down, that’s totally okay! However, you don’t want to complain to the people you are trying to date. Being positive and friendly will take you a lot more places than bringing the atmosphere down. Try finding something positive to write instead.
Here are some bad headline examples:
- ”Loneliness starting to set in.”
- “This place is a joke.”
- “These women are mean, picky, and shallow.”
We aren’t sure why people are so upfront about being lazy on dating sites. Maybe because they are scared about putting themselves out there and it will feel like less of a blow if you say you didn’t spend a lot of effort?
Who knows. However, we see such laziness on these sites. Fill out your headline with something good! Women aren’t going to want to interact with someone who didn’t bother to put 30 seconds of effort into telling people about themselves.
Here are some bad headline examples:
- “I had to put something here.”
- “Just ask.”
- “Will fill out later.”
Best Dating Profile Headlines
Now that we’ve talked about what not to put in your headline, let’s look at some good headlines. If you combine your best primary photo with the right headline and a good bio, we’re sure that you’ll be set up for online dating success. Writing a catchy dating headline is the best way to quickly grab their attention and make them want to get to know you.
What Should You Say in Your Headline?
There are a lot of things you can put in a good dating profile headline. You want to choose something that portrays your best qualities and the type of person you are. If you pride yourself on your sense of humor, you can use that to make funny headlines that will catch her attention.
Another way to come up with what you’ll write is to picture the right woman and what she’s looking for. Then, write a unique headline that would catch her attention. This is much like brands who market to a target audience. You want to put something out there that attracts the right woman.
150 Good Dating Profile Headline Examples
Highlight Your Best Qualities
We see this technique a lot on dating sites and thinking it’s a great way to quickly tell someone about you. Take two or three of your best qualities and combine them for a short headline. It’s okay to brag about yourself a little here. Think of the qualities you have that set you apart from the rest of the guys on the site. Do your friends and family tell you you’re smart? Funny? Honest? Sweet? Use these to let the ladies know a little about who you are. Here are some examples.
- Fun, loving, and hardworking
- Funny and laid-back
- I’m a sweet, genuine dude
- Honest, sweet, and kind
- Smart, funny, and kinda handsome
- Great cook, excellent conversationalist
- One of the good guys
- Prince Charming
- Consistent and intentional
- Man of his word
- Cool, chill, and fun
Funny Dating Headlines
If humor is one of your great qualities, you should showcase that in your headline. Not only does it show her who you are, it also eases the tension a little bit and might make her smile. There are several funny headline categories that you could go with. We like funny quotes, cute jokes, and cheesy pick up lines for these headlines. Anything fun can work here. Just make sure that your joke is in good taste and will be received well.
- Let’s gain weight together.
- Taller than him Ʌ. Funnier than them V
- I look better naked!
- Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
- If I followed you home, would you keep me?
- You look a lot like my future girlfriend.
- Not even Snape could Severus apart!
- Seriously, don’t take me seriously.
- Witty headline
- Back by popular demand.
- Is this thing on?
- Words and stuff
Funny Movie & Show Quotes
- “Life’s a garden. Dig it.” Joe Dirt
- “Ask me about my weiner!” Accepted
- “Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.” The Office
- “So you’re telling me there’s a chance…” Dumb and Dumber
- “Inconceivable!” The Princess Bride
- “Be professionally good looking.” Zoolander
- “This one time, at band camp…” American Pie
- “I’m kind of a big deal” Anchorman
- “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.” Airplane
- “Sell crazy someplace else. We’re all stocked up here.” As Good As it Gets
- “I’m not sure what to do with my hands” Talladega Nights
- “I’m your huckleberry.” Tombstone
Funny and Cute Pick Up Lines
- Your hand looks heavy. Can I hold it for you?
- U and I could be more than just vowels.
- Falling for you would be a very short trip.
- I don’t know your name. Can I just call you mine?
- the gaps between my fingers were meant for yours.
- You should be someone’s wife. How about mine?
- Would you mind lending me your heart?
- Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?
- I’m lost. Can you give me directions to your heart?
- Are you a charger? Because I’m dying without you!
- I need you like a heart needs a beat.
Suggesting a first date activity in your headline let’s her know that you are serious about meeting up and getting to know each other. It also tells her what you would like to do on a date. If you list something that interests her, she might take you up on it.
- Hulu and chill?
- Coffee and convo?
- Dinner and drinks?
- Dinner at my house? I can cook.
- Let’s go camping!
- Walk and talk?
- Karaoke and drinks?
- Coffee at a bookstore?
- Beer and baseball?
- Let’s do nerdy stuff together.
Asking a question in your headline gives women the perfect opportunity to reach out to you and respond. It’s a good icebreaker that you don’t have to put much effort into. Ask a unique question that will intrigue her and allow you to get to know something about her. Using a riddle is really fun here too.
- Do you have any special talents?”
- Where would you like to travel to?
- Where is your favorite place to go?”
- What do you want out of life?”
- What is your perfect first date?”
- What’s your favorite book?
- What is a crazy thing you’ve done?
- Who enjoys intellectual conversations?
- Do you believe you can change the world?
- What do you do for fun?
- Favorite sports team?
- Love to cook. What’s your favorite meal?
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? (a gummy bear)
- What kind of room has no doors or windows? (mushroom)
- What goes up and never comes down? (your age)
- What has four wheels and flies? (a garbage truck)
- What is red and smells like blue paint? (red paint)
Use a fun fact about yourself in your headline to show a little bit of your personality. This gives women the invitation to reach out to you with a fact about themselves too. Or they might find they have something in common with you. For example, if you tell them “I’m reading Harry Potter right now.”, they might start a conversation with you about their favorite character.
- I’m reading _______ right now.
- My superpower would be _______.
- I can’t live without _______.
- My dream job is _______.
- If I could meet anyone it would be _______.
- My favorite food is _______.
- My favorite drink is _______.
- I want to be remembered for _______.
- My pet peeve is _______.
- I’m afraid of _______.
- My dream vacation is _______.
- If I could travel anywhere it would be to _______.
- My secret guilty pleasure is _______.
What You’re Seeking
Tell them what you’re looking for and see if they are a good match. This is a great way to weed out people who don’t have the same intention or interests as you do. If your headline is “Must Love Dogs” then they know you love dogs and if they message you, they probably do too.
- Looking for my best friend
- Leggo buddy wanted. Inquire within.
- Searching for my perfect match
- Great guy looking for a great girl
- Introvert seeking extrovert.
- Cuddle buddy wanted.
- Honesty is the best quality
- Looking for someone to chill with.
- Seeking my forever person
- Something serious
- Looking for my other half
- Looking for my next adventure.
- Artist seeking artist.
- Fisherman looking for a great catch
- Must love dogs.
- Must enjoy camping.
- Need a queen to help me build my kingdom.
Tell Them About Yourself
Write a quick statement about yourself that tells them who you are and what your priorities are. Pick something that you strongly identify with that will give them a look into what your life is like.
- My kid is my world.
- Slightly used single dad
- The shy, quiet one
- Spend my time at the gym.
- I love being on the lake.
- I like to sleep under the stars.
- Outdoor adventurer
- Basketball and swimming
- Gamer guy hitting restart.
- God always comes first.
- Master woodworker
- Jack of all trades
- The comedian
- I try to find positivity in everything.
You can’t go wrong with a favorite or romantic quote. Use a quote from a favorite author or piece of literature. Or you can go the romantic route and pick from one of our ideas below.
- “To love is to recognize yourself in another.” Eckhart Tolle
- “Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “The heart is forever inexperienced.” Henry David Thoreau
- “They do not love that do not show their love.” William Shakespeare
- “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” Walter Winchell
- “My heart is my map.” Andy
- “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” The Notebook
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare
- “A life lived in love will never be dull.” Leo Buscaglia
- “All you need is love.” Paul McCartney
- “Love is shown more in deeds than in words.” Saint Ignatius
- “Love is friendship on fire.” Susan Sontag
- “Love is like pi – natural, irrational, and very important.” Lisa Hoffman
- “Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.” Ambrose Bierce
Mantras and Mottos
Your life mantra or motto can really say a lot about who you are. Let them know what your view on life is with one of these short mottos.
- Let love lead.
- Living life to the fullest
- Making memories to last a lifetime.
- Always moving forward.
- Love life.
- All it takes is the right one.
- Positive vibes only.
- Work hard. Play hard.
- All I can be is me.
Are you looking for a feisty woman? Give her a challenge up front and see if she is up for it. These short headlines can be sexy and fun.
- Prove that all women aren’t the same.
- Get to know me.
- Can you keep up?
- Don’t hit “like”. Send me a message.
- Show me a good time.
- If you want it, then earn it.
- Make me fall in love in 3 sentences.
- Send me a message that will make me blush.
- Prove that you’re the girl for me.
- Tell me why you’re worth it.
- Truth or dare?
More Headline Ideas
As you can see, your dating site headline can be pretty much anything. Showcase something you live, one of your interests, or something cool about you. Here are some more ideas that you can personalize and use as a good headline.
- The title of your favorite song
- A line from your favorite song
- Quote from your favorite book
- Quote from your favorite movie
- List your love language
- List your enneagram
- Tell them your personality type
- Write your occupation in a serious or funny way
Best Online Dating Headlines
We hope this list of headlines helps you find the right person on one of the online dating sites you choose to use. Remember to be yourself and showcase your best qualities to find someone that is right for you! You should use your headline to market yourself to the single ladies on your dating app. We’d love to hear which headline you end up using.
Good luck out there!
If you haven’t signed up for a dating profile yet, you can start out with one that we’ve researched for you. We’ve dug into Plenty of Fish to give you an overview of the site. Let us know where you’re going to use your next great headline!